- NERC scopes new areas for strategic research February 16, 2018NERC will scope three new areas for potential large-scale strategic research investments over spring 2018.
- AO: Notification of intent February 8, 2018Proposals are invited under the Wallacea Region - Understanding biodiversity & evolutionary responses to environmental change programme.
- Radioactivity & the Environment Knowledge Exchange Fellowship February 2, 2018NERC, the Environment Agency and Radioactive Waste Management wish to appoint a Knowledge Exchange (KE) Fellow for the Radioactivity & the Environment (RATE) programme. This is an exciting opportunity to become a NERC KE Fellow focused on gaining impact from the excellent science outputs from the RATE programme.
- AO: Catalyst grants - Full proposals January 25, 2018Full proposals are invited for the Catalyst call as part of the Science for Humanitarian Emergencies & Resilience programme funded by the Department for International Development and NERC. The call is only open to applicants who were successful at the Outline Bid stage.
- AO: National capability services & facilities commissioning January 16, 2018NERC is inviting eligible UK higher education institutions, NERC research centres and independent research organisations to apply to the second round of services and facilities commissioning.
- Research Councils UK sign up to Responsible Research Metrics Declaration February 7, 2018The Research Councils want to encourage active discussion by the research community on this policy area and, where appropriate, set out good practice in the way that outputs of scientific research such as journal articles are evaluated by funding agencies and academic institutions.
- Research Councils UK Doctoral Stipend Levels and Indicative Fees for 2018 January 18, 2018Research Councils UK (RCUK) has announced doctoral stipend levels and indicative fees for 2018. The minimum stipend will increase in line with the GDP deflator and this remains the start-point for determining minimum stipend levels and this gives the national minimum doctoral stipend for 2018/19 as £14,777.
- New Year Honours for members of the UK research and innovation community January 3, 2018Many congratulations to the various academics, researchers, innovators and staff involved with the UK Research Councils and Innovate UK who have been honoured in the 2018 New Year Honours list. Experts funded by the research councils were recognised with various awards across the full range of the sciences and the humanities.
- Research offers hope for protracted conflict – new report December 19, 2017Cutting-edge research, with new insights drawn from across different disciplines offers real-world solutions to seemingly intractable conflict, according to a new report.