- AO: Full proposal November 15, 2017NERC is inviting full bid proposals for research under a new NERC funded programme on Emerging Risks of Chemicals in the Environment.
- AO: Gap Filling Fund November 9, 2017Full proposals are invited for a new funding round as part of the Future Climate for Africa (FCFA) research programme funded by the Department for International Development (DFID) and NERC.
- Call for evidence November 3, 2017NERC is seeking input from the community to articulate the key knowledge gaps and evidence needs pertaining to a set of future environmental policy and practice challenges in light of the UK leaving the EU.
- Announcement of awards November 1, 2017India's Department of Science & Technology (DST), NERC and Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) are pleased to announce the outcomes of the India-UK Water Quality Programme call for proposals.
- MIAOS panel membership October 17, 2017The MIAOS moderating panel will consider applications made to the call that closed on 28 June 2017, and meet on Tuesday 24 October 2017.
- Research Council projects crowned winners of Newton Prize in India November 2, 2017Two projects have been awarded the Newton Prize worth £200,000 each. Both projects were presented with the prestigious annual Prize by the Minister for Universities, Science and Research Jo Johnson, and Sir Venki Ramakrishnan, Chair of the Newton Prize Committee and President of the Royal Society.
- Research Council projects shortlisted for prestigious Newton Prize October 12, 2017Ten Research Council projects have been shortlisted for the 2017 Newton Prize, an annual £1 million fund awarded for the best research or innovation that promotes the economic development and social welfare of developing countries.
- Research Councils announce funding to enhance and embed support for public engagement with research within UK higher education institutes October 5, 2017Research Councils UK is pleased to announce the launch of the Strategic Support to Expedite Embedding Public Engagement with Research (SEE-PER) grants. This funding invited two types of approach from institutions to help enrich and embed cultures within Higher Education Institutions.
- Website Maintanance, 8 October 2017 October 3, 2017Due to essential maintenance, the RCUK website and Gateway to Research (GtR) may be unavailable on Sunday 8 October from 22:00-00:00 (GMT). This maintenance will also affect other Research Council services, including the Peer Review extranet and recruitment application system which may be become unavailable during this period.