- 2019 Annual science meeting August 9, 2018All researchers directly involved in the Changing Arctic Ocean (CAO) programme, either through research grant awards or CAO programme management, are invited to the annual science meeting on 15-16 January 2019 with additional meetings and workshops on 17 January 2019 at the Novotel Birmingham Centre.
- £6 million to explore impact of hazardous chemicals on UK ecosystems August 8, 2018NERC has awarded £6 million to investigate the effects that potentially hazardous chemicals used by humans are having on UK habitats and wildlife.
- Dick Kroon selected as third IODP Forum Chair August 2, 2018Professor Dick Kroon, Regius Chair of Geology at the University of Edinburgh, has been selected as the next Chair of the IODP Forum. He will begin a three-year term 1 October 2018.
- New IODP Science Evaluation Panel co-chair selected August 2, 2018The JOIDES Resolution Facility Board has confirmed Professor Lisa McNeill of the National Oceanography Centre Southampton, University of Southampton as the next co-chair of the IODP Science Evaluation Panel.
- NERC invests £22 million in major research programme on the Atlantic Ocean August 2, 2018A new research programme will investigate the impacts of climate change and human activities on the Atlantic Ocean, from the surface to the deep seabed.