- Update on NERC strategic programme area October 15, 2019Following a working group in May the proposed programme " The Form, Function and Future of UK Treescapes" was supported by Science Committee at its meeting in September. This programme will now be taken forward as a SPA, and NERC will look to develop a wider programme with other funders and stakeholders with a view […]
- About Drought Download September 30, 2019Come along to the Royal Society, London to explore the final products from across the programme, including not only the progression of research on drought forecasting, monitoring, prediction, risk, impact assessment and communication, but also the numerous multidisciplinary resources, tools, and datasets that have been developed, and in many cases, rolled out to various sectors.
- AO: Greenhouse Gas Removal Demonstrators Directorate Hub September 30, 2019NERC, on behalf of UKRI are inviting proposals of up to £6.1m (at 80% fEC) for the Directorate Hub of the Strategic Priorities Fund (SPF) Wave 2 Greenhouse Gas Removal Demonstrators programme.
- Announcement of opportunitiy September 17, 2019Proposals are invited for a new joint UK-US research programme that will take advantage of the data arising from the joint UK-US OSNAP array, to improve understanding and models of the Subpolar North Atlantic and its impacts. The programme is supported by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) and the US National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Pre-announcement: Sustainable Management of UK Marine Resources research programme September 5, 2019The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) would like to announce the timetable for a new £12.4m research programme on the Sustainable Management of UK Marine Resources (SMMR), delivered in partnership with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and Marine Scotland.