NERC will be supporting the participation of 3-4 PhD students (from UK institutions), for more on the programme see information and link below.
From 1 June to 31 August, IIASA annually hosts up to 50 doctoral students from around the world in its Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) in Austria. PhD students are offered fellowships to undertake a summer project on a topic related to the IIASA research agenda.
If you are an advanced graduate student, take your research to the next level and apply to the YSSP to:
- Access a global research network of over 3,500 scholars
- Benefit from working alongside pioneering researchers from around 50 countries
- Conduct your own mentored research related to your PhD and the interdisciplinary IIASA research agenda – culminating in a publishable paper
- Enjoy the vibrant social life that comes with being part of the YSSP
- Live in Vienna, which has repeatedly been named the most livable city in the world
What is IIASA?
The International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is an international research institute based near Vienna, Austria. A global leader in systems analysis, IIASA conducts policy-oriented, multidisciplinary research into challenges that are too large or complex to be solved by a single country or discipline. These challenges, which include climate change, energy security, and sustainable development, must be solved by international cooperation.
Deadline: January 11, 2020
For more information, please visit: https://www.iiasa.ac.at/web/home/education/yssp/Apply/ConditionsEligibility/Conditions-and-Eligibility.en.html