WWT is a UK-based NGO that operates globally to conserve wetland nature. We have considerable public reach: we run ten wetland centres in the UK, which receive over 1 million public visits per year, and the organisation has over 200,000 members. We deliver our mission by means of practical work to restore wetlands and wetland species, alongside policy advocacy, engagement, training and demonstration. We are an evidence-based organisation, underpinning our conservation work with sound science. Our science team comprises ca.20 staff and 15 doctoral students. They build the evidence base for the multiple values of wetlands to human society, and provide solutions for the recovery of wetland nature.
Research Areas / Subjects of Interest:
We deliver evidence to support the wetland nature conservation, in the following areas:
• Wetland ecosystem services – flood regulation, water quality, biodiversity
• Wetland ecosystem services – human health and wellbeing
• Landscape-scale restoration of wetland nature
• Threatened species recovery
• Integrated conservation and development
• Emerging threats to wetland nature
• Engaging public support for conservation
Please contact Dr Geoff Hilton for more information.