- AO: Colombian Bio Resources September 20, 2017NERC and the Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) are inviting research proposals under the Exploring & Understanding Colombian Bio Resources call.
- GCRF workshop outcomes September 19, 2017View the workshop booklet and copies of the speakers' presentations from this month's NERC GCRF community engagement workshop titled 'Sustainable Development Goal interactions: The role of environment science'.
- AO: Catalyst grants September 12, 2017Outline proposals are invited for a new funding opportunity as part of the Science for Humanitarian Emergencies & Resilience (SHEAR) research programme, funded by the Department for International Development (DFID) and NERC.
- AO: Unconventional Hydrocarbons September 4, 2017Proposals are invited for a new £8 million research programme on Unconventional Hydrocarbons in the UK Energy System: Environmental & socio-economic impacts & processes.
- Town hall meeting September 4, 2017A town hall meeting is to be held in October 2017 to provide a forum for discussion of the science challenges and possible approaches to undertaking the research and provide an opportunity to broker potential collaborations and partnerships.
- New computational research centre of excellence September 6, 2017A new UK centre of excellence in computational science, which will support a wide range of scientific research topics including the biological and medical sciences as well as the physical sciences and engineering, is being launched today.
- Film highlights how Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund will take research out of the labs to be deployed in the real world August 17, 2017A new film, launched today, highlights the type of vital work that the Fund will help to support and details how the ISCF will work and the reasoning behind the programme.
- UK Research Councils join forces on mental health August 16, 2017The UK’s seven research councils have announced they will be working together to encourage and strengthen mental health research. Mental health is recognised as a major societal challenge that requires novel cross-disciplinary research approaches, that is, research that spans more than one branch of specialist knowledge.
- Second round of Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund engagement begins August 16, 2017Detailed analysis of potential new ISCF challenges in targeted round of deep dive workshops. Following the announcement of the first challenges that will be supported by the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.