- Announcement of Opportunity August 14, 2017Proposals are invited under a new research programme which will provide the opportunity for participation in the Multidisciplinary Drifting Observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate (MOSAiC) initiative.
- Update on NERC strategic programme areas August 8, 2017Announcing the outcome of the Science Board's consideration of two potential strategic programme areas (SPAs) at their July meeting.
- UK-India AMR Initiative – Expressions of Interest for sandpit August 4, 2017The UK research councils and the Department of Biotechnology in India are pleased to invite expressions of interest to participate in an Antimicrobial Resistance sandpit.
- AO: Outline proposals July 25, 2017NERC is inviting outline proposals for research under a new NERC funded programme on Emerging Risks of Chemicals in the Environment.
- Pre-call announcement: UK-India AMR Initiative July 19, 2017The Research Councils UK together with the Indian Department for Biotechnology are pleased to pre-announce a joint initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance funded by the Newton Fund.
- Film highlights how Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund will take research out of the labs to be deployed in the real world August 17, 2017A new film, launched today, highlights the type of vital work that the Fund will help to support and details how the ISCF will work and the reasoning behind the programme.
- UK Research Councils join forces on mental health August 16, 2017The UK’s seven research councils have announced they will be working together to encourage and strengthen mental health research. Mental health is recognised as a major societal challenge that requires novel cross-disciplinary research approaches, that is, research that spans more than one branch of specialist knowledge.
- Second round of Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund engagement begins August 16, 2017Detailed analysis of potential new ISCF challenges in targeted round of deep dive workshops. Following the announcement of the first challenges that will be supported by the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
- Government's commitment to Horizon 2020 welcomed by RCUK July 31, 2017The science minister Jo Johnson MP has reiterated the government’s commitment to underwrite the funding for all successful bids made by UK participants for Horizon 2020 projects that are submitted before EU exit – a move welcomed by Research Councils UK.